Regulatory Affairs Specialist – Wilmington, DE
Position will function as a staff lead for assigned Nichino America Inc. (NAI) active ingredients and products of organization at the federal and state levels.
- Maintains registrations for assigned NAI active ingredients and end-use products compliant with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and EPA policies.
- Plans, compiles, and submits registration applications to federal and state regulatory agencies and conducts necessary follow-up.
- Develops strategies to shorten timelines for registrations of NAI products with regulatory agencies.
- Reviews risk assessments (acute or chronic dietary, aggregate exposure, ecological, or environmental) using current evaluation methods.
- Manages master labels and supplemental registrants to ensure accuracy and compliance and coordinates with designated Marketing contact for label version and archives.
- Coordinates preparation, review, and timing of submission of label amendments
- Acts as liaison from NAI to regulatory agencies, committees, commodity groups, and task forces.
- Ensures compliance with FIFRA 6(a)2 Adverse Effects reporting requirements, Worker Protection Standard and OSHA Hazard Communications Standards (Safety Data Sheets).
- Manages external regulatory and scientific consultants in a cost effective manner.
- 10%-15% travel, some local, some overseas. Some weekend travel time occasionally required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- BS/BA in a science field with minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations under FIFRA and OSHA as applicable.
- Background in chemistry or biological science is preferred.
- Expertise with Windows based Microsoft Office software; working knowledge of access/use of databases such as NPIRS and other modeling or risk assessment software.
Job Classification: Full time, exempt.
Job Location: 4550 New Linden Hill Road, Wilmington, DE 19808
Nichino members enjoy an excellent health benefits package, competitive pay, paid vacation and sick leave.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your resume and to see Benefits-At-A-Glance.
Nichino is an Equal Opportunity Employer.